The A to Z Manual for Writing a Book!
Have you ever wanted to write a book but didn't know where to start?
Do you have a story you are yearning to tell?
Then this intensive writing bootcamp is exactly what you need!
Matthew Harms is a published author of 2 non-fiction manuals, 1 fiction novel, and countless other works in process, including screenplays! Matthew is also a professional ghostwriter who has developed a system for extracting stories from the heads of others and turning them into a compelling read.
During this 8 week course you will be given all of the tools needed to develop your concept, build an outline, create settings and construct a strong plot or message. Fiction and non-fiction writers alike will benefit from the structure and guidance of an industry professional as well as working within a supportive community of other aspiring and accomplished authors.
Weekly group Zooms will be held on Fridays from 2PM - 3PM starting January 15th.
Open Zoom sessions will be available on Mondays and Wednesdays from 1PM - 2PM starting the following week.
*While open Zoom sessions are not a requirement for the course they are encouraged to ensure you get the most from the course!
Here is what you can expect:
Week 1: Identifying Your Goal & Meeting the Group
- An introspective into who you are and why you are embarking on this journey.
Week 2: Getting Started
- Understanding the basics of writing and how they are the foundation for a successful journey.
Week 3: The Journey Begins
- Course tools will be made available to start your project and paths will be defined.
Week 4 - 6: Group Collaboration
- Peer review, advice and feedback on each other’s outlines, characters, plots or writing samples, if available.
Week 7: Resources for Publishing/Marketing
- A detailed walk through of the different ways to bring your completed work to market along with the advantages/disadvantages of each.
Week 8: Bringing It All Together
- A final review of where each participant is currently with their projects with a focus on providing a map for everyone to finish at their own pace.