Movie Mastery Program
This 8 week intensive journey is designed to give aspiring screenwriters (or television writers) everything they need to know about the fundamentals all the way through marketing the finished product. Taught by Matthew Harms of Penforhirenyc, a published author and contributing writer on numerous screenplays, this course will be equal parts technical and creative, but all fun and informative.
What you get:
- 8 weeks of community based learning
- 1 hour of group Zoom meetings per week
- 2 hours of open Zoom office hours per week
- Accountability buddy
- Real screenplay reviews
- Peer review
- Lifetime membership to the Penforhirenyc website community
- 50% of access to the Write Life - Level 2 course
Weekly Group sessions will be held every Friday starting February 5th from 3PM - 4PM
Open Zoom hours will be available every Monday and Wednesday from 3PM - 4PM
*While open zoom meetings are not required they are encouraged to get as much out of the course as possible!
Week 1: Identifying Your Goal & Meeting the Group
- An introspective into who you are and why you are embarking on this journey.
Week 2: Fundamentals of Screenwriting
- You will learn the technical differences between novel writing and screenplay/teleplay writing.
Week 3: The Journey Begins
- We will cover the crucial first steps in the screenplay/teleplay process that will set you up for success.
Week 4 - 6: Group Collaboration
- Peer review, advice and feedback on each other’s outlines, characters, plots or writing samples, if available.
Week 7: Resources for Publishing/Marketing
- A detailed walk through of the different ways to bring your completed work to market along with the advantages/disadvantages of each.
Week 8: Bringing It All Together:
- A final review of where each participant is currently with their projects with a focus on providing a map for everyone to finish at their own pace.